Powerball will now be rescheduled for Wednesday night, where the jackpot will be $12 million.
The Premier Division was hit, with three lucky Lotto players each winning $333,333. The winning tickets were all sold on MyLotto to players from Auckland, Nelson and Canterbury.
There were also two Second Division South winners, one from Oamaru and one from Christchurch, each taking home over $42,000.
The strike was also called off and will cost $300,000 Wednesday night.
The numbers for tonight’s draw were 31, 3, 18, 34, 16 and 30. The Powerball was 8 and the Bonus Ball was 17. The Strike numbers were 31, 3, 18 and 34.
Due to scheduled maintenance of the Lotto app and website, players won’t be able to instantly check if they’re a big – or small – winner.
Maintenance began around 7:30 p.m. and will continue until an undetermined time on Sunday.
Earlier, the Lotto website said: “This weekend [July 16 -17] we will upgrade systems that support MyLotto and the Lotto NZ app.
“As of 7:30 p.m. on Saturday July 16, the site will close and you will no longer be able to log into MyLotto to purchase or verify tickets, or to claim prizes until the site reopens. At this point, we expect it will reopen a little later than usual on Sunday mornings.”
The website also says Kiwi Instant Online Games will close a little earlier at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday July 16 and reopen alongside MyLotto on Sunday morning.
The results of the Bullseye draw will also be delayed.
The draw took place at 6 p.m. as usual, but results were not available until 7:30 p.m.
“Because MyLotto closes early on Saturday, this means MyLotto players will not be able to check their Bullseye tickets until the site reopens on Sunday, July 17.”
The Lotto draw took place at 8 p.m.
Lotto NZ says they will upgrade systems that support MyLotto and the Lotto NZ app.
“This upgrade supports our commitment to providing you with an excellent online gaming experience.”
Lotto NZ issued an apology on October 20 last year after tens of thousands of Kiwis were unable to check their tickets – and many were unable to buy their chance at the $42million jackpot.
“Tonight some players may have experienced issues trying to top up or purchase their tickets and we apologize for any inconvenience caused,” the agency said on Facebook, shortly after a single player – with a ticket purchased in Pokeno, South Auckland – won the second-biggest Powerball prize ever won in New Zealand.
Just before 9pm, punters rushing to check their tickets on MyLotto were told they would have to wait over an hour – with up to 60,000 Kiwis waiting in line.
Earlier, a message on the site read: “We are currently experiencing issues for players trying to reload, we are working as quickly as possible to try and resolve this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.
“For customers who tried to top up but were unsuccessful, the funds will return to your bank account within the next few days. For players trying to log in to check their tickets tonight, MyLotto is always very busy and we encourage you to try Encore tomorrow.
“During high jackpots, we always encourage players to buy their tickets early to avoid our busiest times. We’ll continue to update you as we learn more.”
Bettors were unimpressed.
“There have never been these kind of blockages/delays/queues in the past when trying to check tickets online. It may be because there are a lot more checks with a so big price but if you want to promote online shopping then need resources (server ‘speed’ or anything technical) to deliver,” one said on the page. Lotto Facebook.