While there haven’t been any notable updates to the Switch Online service lately, Nintendo released a new system firmware update yesterday – improving the stability of the Switch and improving the overall user experience.
Now, to top it off, it has also released a new update for its online app for Android and iOS. This should be an update of around 29MB on Android devices and around 52MB on iOS. Here are the full patch notes, via Perfectly-Nintendo – which reveal that a technical issue with the data usage has been resolved. Phew!
Nintendo Switch Online – Ver. 1.14.0 (Posted on November 30, 2021)
– A technical issue with the About Data Usage settings has been resolved.
– Other minor changes have been implemented.
Nintendo has also released a number of other minor updates which you can check out on the official support page. The last major update to the app was in August. Here are those changes, in case you missed them:
Worm. 1.12.0 (Posted Aug 2, 2021)
– Changing the screen in voice chat.
– Other improvements have been made to improve performance and usability.
– Modification of the minimum version of the operating system.
– iOS 12.0 or later version is required to use this app.
– Android OS version 6.0 or later is required to use this app.
If Nintendo adds the latest patch (Version 1.14.0) to its support page, we’ll update this article with that information. Are you still using the Nintendo Switch Online app? Let us know in the comments.