The classic Sega Genesis Ristar game is back on modern systems, thanks to the new Switch Online app. In the retro title, you can enter passwords to unlock new game modes, including a boss race. Here’s how to do it and all the passwords we can recover from the internet.
Ristar on the Sega Genesis Switch Online app works just like the classic title. In the main menu, select âOptionâ and press the + button. From there you can change the difficulty and the controls, or you can listen to the music with the âsoundâ option. However, for our sake, let’s select “Password” with the A button. Now we have all the letters to enter a password. These unlock the following:
- AGE – This password indicates copyright credit. There is nothing flashy about this one.
- DOFEEL – Take the challenge in the time trial mode.
- ILOVEYOU – This code gives you the option to choose the stage at which you want to start the game.
- MUSEUM – This activates Boss Rush mode.
- MAGURO – This code activates the Onchi Music mode and the music of the credits in the sound test.
- MIEMIE – Once hidden objects are now marked with a blue star.
- SUPER – This activates an even harder difficulty, “Super”.
- XXXXXX – All previously used passwords are now disabled.
Unfortunately, with the North American version of the game, which is the default version for Western gamers on Nintendo Switch, we don’t have the Japanese Exclusive Codes. We’re going to miss out on invincibility, and the unlimited continues. We tried entering JP codes, and they didn’t work.